I might sound annoyingly happy this month but only because I am counting down the days until my parents visit me for the first time, on their first trip to this country I have called home for the past few years now! Nonetheless, this first week of May holds many firsts for me:
1. Twice this week I will be volunteering as a judge at DECA - am excited to see what the youngsters have in store. On the topic of judging, I am reviewing and grading submissions for a certain journalism-related organization as well.
2. As an interim board member of the Society of Professional Journalists Georgia Pro Chapter, I am looking forward to our first event in Eatonton on Saturday May 10th...If you can join us, please do register on the link here!
3. Given that I do write about restaurants in the city, I will be joining some PR friends for a freestyle pizza party at one of the city's well-known pizza places as well as hitting up 2-3 other eateries towards my foodie column.
4. April showers do bring May flowers - well, in a very loosely knit way, trying to tie that into all the great work coming my way this month courtesy some serious pitching and querying in April, not to mention the nice pay checks coming through for work already delivered, yay!
5. Last but not least, firming up on some travel plans coming up next month to the sunny state of Florida, followed by Alabama, California and possibly an international tour as well. Stay tuned!
Leave a Reply.